Fri Nov 17 21:20:15 EST 2017
Ryan Seacrest is denying the misconduct allegations that have been brought against him by a former wardrobe stylist.
In a statement obtained by PEOPLE on Friday, the Live with Kelly and Ryan co-host says the claims that he “behaved inappropriately toward” a female stylist, who he previously worked with almost 10 years ago at E! News, are “reckless.”
“Recently, someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me nearly a decade ago at E! News, came forward with a complaint suggesting I behaved inappropriately toward her. If I made her feel anything but respected, I am truly sorry. I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result,” Seacrest, 42, began his statement.
“I treat all my colleagues with kindness, dignity, and understanding, as this is a principle that’s core to who I am. Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be,” his statement continued.
Seacrest concluded: “I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question. I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”
“We can confirm that we have started an investigation,” an E! spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, which first reported the news, the accusations brought against the American Idol host were made approximately one week ago and details about them are not yet public.
The claims against Seacrest come in the wake of a flood of sexual misconduct allegations that have been made against numerous high-profile members of Hollywood, including producer Harvey Weinstein, actor Kevin Spacey, One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn, actor Jeremy Piven and numerous others.
Fri Nov 17 20:55:10 EST 2017
Serena Williams‘ bridal style was a total Grand Slam.
The tennis champion, 36, married Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, 34, in a fairy tale dress that showed her love of fashion — and surely made close friend Anna Wintour very proud.
Williams shared all the details and photos of her breathtaking Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen princess gown exclusively with Vogue.
“I flew to London to meet with Sarah and ended up falling in love with the ball gown silhouette, which is completely the opposite of what I ever thought I would choose for myself,” the bride said of her wedding look that also featured a cape.
“I loved the idea of doing a really spectacular ball gown, and it has turned out to be such an incredibly special piece,” she said.
The British designer also designed Kate Middleton‘s dress and is a go-to for Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer at all the Met Galas.
In addition to her strapless, belted gown, Williams sparkled thanks to jewelry by XIV Karats, worth $3.5 million in total.
Meanwhile, her groom wore an Armani suit.
Before Williams walked down the aisle, her bridesmaids all wore custom Galia Lahav dresses.
The new parents to daughter Alexis Ohanian Jr. wed in an intimate ceremony in New Orleans, Louisiana, in front of guests including Kris Jenner, Beyoncé, JAY-Z, LaLa Anthony and Prince Harry’s girlfriend and actress Meghan Markle.
And Williams changed into a second wedding look for the reception! The star looked gorgeous in a white strapless Versace dress that featured lace and feathers throughout the bodice.
“They worked nonstop to make sure the tiniest details were perfectly taken care of, for a total of 1,500 hours,” designer Donatella Versace told Vogue about the reception dress.
Williams’ wedding dress was no doubt a design she’s been dreaming about for a long time. In September 2016, the champion athlete launched her third Signature Statement collection for HSN, and told PEOPLE that her passion for clothing is something that sparked during her childhood.
“I’ve been sewing my whole life. My mom taught me when I was young,” she told PEOPLE at the time. “I used to make clothes for my dolls. Then, when I finished high school, I went to fashion school.”
Williams attended the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale like her older sister Venus, 36, and the sisters continue to help each other with their designs.
“ is always looking at my sketches and is like, ‘I like that so much!’ and actually, I’m always at her office hanging out,” she said. “They’re always designing, and I’m like, ‘oh, I like that fabric better!’ We’re not competitive, it’s fun.”
Wiliams even revealed to PEOPLE she has hopes to launch a wedding dress collection one day.
“My dream is to do evening-wear and wedding dresses,” Williams said in 2016. “In school, I realized how much work that was, so at the end of school, I just got really smart and was like, evening wear is so intricate, and I love things that an everyday woman can wear and still feel good and look good, so I started . But there’s still that evening-wear dream, you know?”
What do you think of her wedding look? Share below.
Final Five Fallout! Simone Biles Slams Gabby Douglas for Telling Aly Raisman Women Should 'Dress Modestly'Fri Nov 17 20:46:52 EST 2017
A rift between some of the famed Final Five team members surfaced on social media Friday.
Raisman, who recently shared her own story of alleged sexual abuse, spoke out on Instagram about the victim shaming many women endure after coming forward about their own attacks.
“Just because a woman does a sexy photoshoot or wears a sexy outfit does not give a man the right to shame her or not believe her when she comes forward about sexual abuse,” Raisman wrote. “What is wrong with some of you? AND when a woman dresses sexy it does not give a man the right to sexually abuse her EVER.”
The athlete continued: “Women are allowed to feel sexy and comfortable in their own skin, in fact I encourage you all to wear what you feel good in. I will not put up with any woman or girl being shamed for wanting to wear a skirt, dress, etc. I do not tolerate it. Are we clear? Oh and one more thing. STOP VICTIM SHAMING. It is because of you that so many survivors live in fear.”
Douglas, 21, had responded to Raisman’s message on social media on Friday with a now-deleted tweet, writing, “however it is our responsibility as women to dress modestly and be classy. Dressing in a provocative/sexual way entices the wrong crowd.”
Douglas was, in turn, criticized, by many on social media, including from Biles who wrote about her disappointment in Douglas in a tweet with a screenshot of Douglas’ comment.
“shocks me that I’m seeing this but it doesn’t surprise me…,” Biles wrote to Douglas. “honestly seeing this brings me to tears bc as your teammate I expected more from you & to support her. I support you Aly & all the other women out there! STAY STRONG.”
While Douglas deleted her original tweet, she did defend herself against Twitter users who slammed her for what she had written.
“u misunderstood me,” Douglas wrote to one user. “Not blaming the victim at all. No man should look at any woman that way.”
The user tweeted at Douglas again, writing, “So instead of calling on women to dress modestly you better be calling on MEN to RESPECT WOMEN. It is NOT the woman’s responsibility to make sure she is not assaulted.”
Douglas responded with, “it goes both ways.”
Raisman writes about the ordeal in her new book, Fierce, explaining that she was 15 years old when she was first treated by Nassar. She told PEOPLE that, for a long time, she didn’t understand that she was being abused.
“I didn’t think I was being molested. I didn’t know,” Raisman said. “He was a doctor. I never would have thought that a doctor would misuse his power so much.”
Nassar was fired by USA Gymnastics in 2015 after working with the organization since 1986, and had been its national medical coordinator since 1996, The New York Times reported. He was fired from Michigan State last year.
He is in jail now, facing several charges related to the alleged abuse. In July, he pleaded guilty to three child pornography charges in federal court, ABC News reported via ESPN. In exchange for Nassar’s guilty plea, U.S. prosecutors have agreed not to pursue charges in two additional incidents of alleged sexual crimes with minors. He is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court on Dec. 7, according to the Lansing State Journal.
Lawyers for Nassar declined PEOPLE’s request for comment.
In a statement Sunday, Team USA Gymnastics said in part: “We are appalled by the conduct of which Larry Nassar is accused, and we are very sorry that any athlete has been harmed during her or his gymnastics career.
“Aly’s passion and concern for athlete safety is shared by USA Gymnastics. Our athletes are our priority, and we are committed to promoting an environment of empowerment that encourages speaking up, especially on difficult topics like abuse, as well the protection of athletes at all levels throughout our gymnastics community.
“We are hard at work to strengthen that commitment by: adopting the USA Gymnastics Safe Sport Policy; hiring a new president and chief executive officer who emphasizes empowerment throughout the organization; building a safe sport department that is developing a comprehensive education plan for members; and creating an implementation plan for the recommendations made by an experienced, former federal prosecutor who carefully examined the organization’s past policies.”
The statement concluded: “We are committed to doing what is right, and we want to work with Aly and all interested athletes to keep athletes safe.”